The island of knights and legends for centuries under the former anyone yoke (Arabs, Romans, Knights of the Order, the French and finally the last 150 years under the British Empire), absorbed all the best from everyone, and became (in 1974) the Republic , introduced best education system.
PRESCHOOL EDUCATION IN MALTA
Begins with three years. Seen optional, but has the broad support of parents and the government. Pre – school education is provided by public and Catholic schools. At the same time, Catholic schools choose students from enrollment in public schools on the basis of a lottery. The exception is the training of a Catholic school siblings: this preference in recruitment. There are private schools, along with state. Parents must apply for enrollment in private schools directly. Public schools are free, as well as Catholic. Training on the full program: 5 hours and 30 minutes a day. Schools open from 8 am to 2:30 pm.
PRIMARY EDUCATION IN MALTA.
Is provided for children from 6 to 14 years. In 1998 it became a member of the system of compulsory education from the age of five. Provided by public, private and Catholic schools. Consists of two 3 year cycles. Enrollment at the place of residence. Education in public schools free of charge and so parents do not receive any other financial support. Beginning with the first cycle of primary education, learning English is a must.
SECONDARY EDUCATION IN MALTA.
Provides two levels of schools
- Junior Lyceum. Also called a grammar school. Admission to the examination basis. According to statistics, only 53% of primary school graduates successfully pass the entrance exam. Period of five full years of training.
- Local high school. Designed for all not thus Junior lyceums. Education 5 years.
- Local school for underachieving. Five of these schools and they are for all children, regardless of their residence. Enrollment is the nearest school to your home. The name speaks for itself.
- Catholic and Independent (another name for a private education) schools. Program is a copy of the state five year program.
Level 2 – General / Academic, 2-year Higher Secondary School
The main suppliers of:
- University Junior College – a direct route to the universities of Europe. Is part of the University of Malta.
- Higher Secondary School. Is a continuation of a local high school where students are transferred – the repetition of secondary education (who could not immediately surrender) and teach advanced subjects. Only the best go to the University of Malta.
- Professional Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology. One is for the whole of Malta. Children, after finishing high school junior can get professional skills areas: tourism, health and so on.
GETTING HIGHER EDUCATION IN MALTA
Provided only by the University of Malta, having a lot of branches, subsidiaries and representative offices. Education is strictly in English. For admission: the owners accepted a high school diploma. The law states that if your passport is sufficient for admission to universities in your country, it is sufficient for admission to the University of Malta! All (without exception), students learn for free.
Foreign universities in Malta recorded and open branches freely. These universities – are paid.